As a member of AFBA, you have access to a wealth of benefits for you and your family.
- Life Insurance Programs – 1-800-776-2322
Available to military personnel; DoD, Federal Government, and Department of Homeland Security employees; Contractors in support of the above; State and local government employees (to include police officers, firefighters, and other first responders) and families of the above.* Underwritten by 5Star Life Insurance Company.
Available to all individuals. Underwritten by 5Star Life Insurance Company.
- AFBA Emergency Death Benefit – 1-800-776-2322
An Emergency Death Benefit of up to $15,000 is available via overnight delivery service to eligible beneficiaries upon notice of death of insured.
- Charles C. Blanton AFBA Family Survivor College Scholarship – 1-800-776-2322
For surviving families of members killed in combat or acts of terrorism. Click here for more details (not available in Virginia).
- TRICARE Supplement Plan – 1-888-214-0794
Active duty families and retired members of the military community now have access to a TRICARE supplement plan, made available to AFBA members through SelmanCo, that can help eliminate their out-of-pocket expenses while affording worldwide health care. Click here to enroll today.
The AFBA TRICARE Supplement Plan is administered by Selman and Company and underwritten by Hartford Life and Accident Insurance Company. Not available in CO, ME, NH, UT, WA.
Long Term Care Insurance – 1-855-581-6647
Through LTCI Partners, LLC, members have access to five long-term care insurance companies to meet a variety of needs. Click here for more.
- Life Line Screening – noninvasive ultrasound screening to identify the risk of stroke, vasular disease, and osteoporosis. Go to http://www.lifelinescreening.com/afba or call 1-866-895-3365. Use discount code BDHA-018.
- Annual Financial Planning Guide – 1-800-776-2322
Provides information on retirement, health and survivor benefits, social security, and personal financial and estate planning. To download the current FPG or request one be mailed to you, click here.
- Auto Loans and Mortgages – 1-800-247-5626
We are pleased to partner with PenFed Credit Union and offer our members best-in-class auto loans and great mortgage rates. This relationship is a natural fit since our organizations share a military legacy and specialize in serving members of the armed forces, first responders, federal employees, and their families.
Visit PenFed.org for more information.
- Emergency Assistance Plus – 1-855-352-3032
This service, available through AFBA, provides a solid back-up plan that helps you handle almost any crisis when you travel away from home. If you get sick or hurt while away from home, EA+ steps in to help pay for emergencies that health and travel insurance generally will NOT cover. This includes:
Learn more about this emergency travel assistance service.
- Medical Evacuation
- Medical Assistance
- Travel Assistance
- Assistance for Companions
- Car Rental Discounts
Available through various dealers
- HERTZ* - 1-800-654-3131
Code: CDP# 1636830
- ALAMO - 1-800-462-5266
Code By ID 706768
- AVIS - 1-800-331-1212
Code: AWD# T568027
* To join the #1 Club Gold:
- Go to http://www2.hertz.com/goldcorp
- Enter the company name: Armed Forces Benefit Association
- Enter the CDP # (same as on the back of your member card): 1636830
- Enter the Promo Code #: 1315
- Military Historical Tours (MHT) – 1-703-590-1295
Military Historical Tours (MHT) is proud to provide AFBA members with discounted world-wide personalized historic battlefield tours and other special travel opportunities uniquely designed for members of AFBA. - www.miltours.com
- AFBA Career Center
Job seekers and employers alike can use our career center. You do not need to be an AFBA member to take advantage of our job board. Creating an account is free for job seekers and we have resume critiques and other tools available under the resources tab of your account. Click here to get started.